The Prime Minister and Senator the Hon Nigel Scullion, Indigenous Affairs Minister and RSAS community members in the APY Lands, South Australia, October 2016.
The PM&C Regional Network provided comprehensive support for ministerial, diplomatic and other VIP visits during 2016–17, including:
- visit by the Prime Minister and the Minister for Indigenous Affairs to the Far West Coast and APY Lands from 30 October to 1 November 2016, including to the Ceduna, Koonibba, Scotdesco, Yalata, Fregon and Umuwa communities
- travel by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade officers and foreign diplomats (Papua New Guinea, South Korea and Tuvalu) to the Tiwi Islands in October 2016 to meet with the Tiwi Land Council, Tiwi Islands Regional Councils and community organisations
- visit by the Governor-General and Lady Cosgrove to the Tiwi Islands in February 2017 as part of top end commemorations for the 75th anniversary of the bombing of Darwin and to recognise the Tiwi contribution to defending Australia and the service by Tiwi people in the army and navy
- visits by Heads of Mission from India, Nauru and Mongolia to Darwin in March 2017
- visits by Minister Wyatt to the Kimberley and Minister Scullion to Cape York and the Torres Strait, including to Mer Island in June 2017 for Mabo Day events.